Covid-19 Guidelines for the 31st Annual Halifax Fringe Festival
What we are doing:
- Sanitizing venues (lobbies, audience areas, washrooms, etc.) between performances.
- Adjusting seating arrangements to allow for distancing between audience members.
- Reducing contact between staff, volunteers, performers, and audience members.
- Advance sales only, online through tickethalifax.ca in advance of a performance.
- Requiring volunteers and performers to complete a Covid-19 self-assessment before entering any of the Fringe venues.
- Reducing capacity in our venues in accordance with Nova Scotia Covid-19 guidelines (50% capacity limit and up to 150 spectators indoors and up to 250 spectators outdoors). While maintaining 6 feet distancing between bubbles. This is as small as 20 seats in some venues.
- Following Nova Scotia’s Covid-19 guidelines for indoor and outdoor gatherings limits, social distancing, and mask protocols.
- Staying up-to-date on Covid-19 numbers in Nova Scotia and Canada, and continuously updating our safety protocols to reflect our healthcare system’s needs.
What we ask you to do:
- Sanitize your hands before entering (and after leaving) any of the Fringe venues.
- Wear a mask when inside or unable to socially distance.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between yourself and others (except those in your bubble) when possible.
- Stay home if you are experiencing ANY of the following symptoms: new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, temperature equal to or over 38°C, feeling feverish, chills, fatigue or weakness, muscle or body aches, new loss of smell or taste, headache, gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting),feeling very unwell.
- Stay home if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or have come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Stay home if you have travelled outside of Atlantic Canada and have not been fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arriving in Nova Scotia.
- Respect our volunteers and staff and follow these guidelines to ensure a smooth and safe Fringe for everyone!
- Fill out our screening form before coming.
For more information and resources about Covid-19 visit:
Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR3UUCz8p4sF_0nNA6xlTTmd_Ld89ZPOcAStI8-GP9uECBczggFUDm4_3ro, https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/awareness-resources.html?vaccination.
Happy and healthy fringing!