The Halifax Fringe Festival is an annual uncensored arts festival. We are 11 days, over 55 productions, performing over 350 individual performances, at over 10 venues! We are a non profit association run by a volunteer board.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR: The Social Media Coordinator will work closely with the festival’s Executive Director, creating content for all our social media platforms, as well as our website and online ticketing sales. The successful candidate will be a motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
Duration: June 3rd, 2019 to July 26th, 2019 (8 weeks)
Hours: 30 hours / Week
- Monitoring and creating content for all Halifax Fringe social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and hashtags
- Developing posting schedule, in coordination with Executive Director
- Interacting with our follower network and responding to comments/messages
- Tracking and engagement
- Data entry for the website and online ticket sales
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of and experience with various social media platforms
- High-level writing and communication skills
- Photo/video editing and graphic design experience a plus
- Bilingualism is an asset
Eligibility: To be eligible for the position, applicants must
be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
HIRING POLICY: We recognize the over-representation of white, cisgender, able-bodied voices in theatre. Halifax Fringe prioritizes the contributions and perspectives that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our festival, we strongly encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter.
TO APPLY: Application deadline is May 17th, 2019. Please send a cover letter and resumé to Lee-Anne Poole: email@example.com and indicate “Job Application” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please let us know your availability, what position you’re applying for, and why you want to work with The Halifax Fringe Festival.