The Halifax Fringe Festival is an annual uncensored arts festival. We are 11 days, over 55 productions, performing over 350 individual performances, at over 10 venues! We are a non-profit association run by a volunteer board.
FESTIVAL COORDINATOR: The Festival Coordinator will work closely with the festival’s Executive Director, Technical Director, & Associate Producer.
Duration: June 3rd, 2019 to July 26th, 2019 (8 weeks)
Hours: 30 hours / Week
- Communicating effectively with staff, volunteers, artists, and patrons
- Providing technical, front of house, box office and production support
- Assisting in festival and event coordination
- Contributing to various art actions during development, implementation and documentation
- Ad sales
- Engaging in marketing and dissemination plans
- Promoting all Halifax Fringe Festival events and programs through various channels such as social media or other online platforms, flyering, participating in outreach events, etc.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the position, applicants must
be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
HIRING POLICY: We recognize the over-representation of white, cisgender, able-bodied voices in theatre. Halifax Fringe prioritizes the contributions and perspectives that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our festival, we strongly encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter.
TO APPLY: Application deadline is May 17th, 2019. Please send a cover letter and resumé to Lee-Anne Poole: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Job Application” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please let us know your availability, what position you’re applying for, and why you want to work with The Halifax Fringe Festival.